Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Front Squat 2 rep max, PR

So we hit the front squat, and I need to improve my form for the second rep. My first rep is always great, but after that I tend to lean forward, so I find myself taking a few steps forward as I come up. I really feel like I'm doing a better job of engaging the core, and I think this is helping me break through any plateau I may have had. I hit 225 no problem, and then I went for 245 (255 was my goal). I got the first rep in, and then got stuck on the second one. I tried it again, this time really focusing on driving through the hole, and although I "bounced" back up about two inches, I just lost control and had to dumpt the bar. After that I did another set of 225, and I although I struggled a bit it was very managable. 225 is only a 10 pound improvement over last time, but given that I've had to re-learn how to keep the core tight, I'll take it.

No comments: