Tuesday, March 16, 2010

deadlift muscle up ladder

I had to go "Apollo" for this one, subbing in burbees for MU's. During the workshop Jerry mentioned subbing in transistions or jumping MU's for regular MU's, but after talking to Mellissa she talked me out of it, saying I could work on it after burning through the wod. Here goes:

Deadlift: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Burpees: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2

I really liked this workout because of the deadlifts. I toned it down to the "Mortal" level of 245 because I really wanted to work on core and not hurt myself. This time I felt like I did a much better job of keeping core tension, although near the end Mellissa told me I was still collapsing. The weight felt very heavy to me, perhaps because my core was struggling.

I did this in 9:59, and I feel bad because I feel like I slowed down so that I could really nail these deadlifts. However, an hour after this workout and my stomach was sore in parts I've never really felt before. This makes me happy, makes me feel like I'm really starting to "get" it with the core tension.

No comments: