Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Interval of suckage

This Wod was def not my favorite:

5 rounds (Elite)
20 pull ups
30 wall balls
400m row
rest 2 min

Mellisa said to go Elite if you could get 15 or so in a row. Since I haven't been able to string together more than 10 on the fixed bar, I figured to go Pro (16/24/320 scheme). I did pro in 3:45 on the first round so I asked Coach if I should go up or not. She kind of gave me a look and said I was "elite" and should always go as such. So the other four sets were elite, and much tougher. Pull ups were tiring, but I threw in the occasional butterfly kip to make things interesting. There was one point where I kind of felt it click, but just like that I got out of rhythem and ended up throwing myself off the bar. I think 5:45 was my best and 6:55 was my worst interval.

Wallballs were difficult, but there wasn't anything like the pain in my hip that I used to experience. I realised that the difficult part was keeping my abs flexed while squating. That was something I'm still unaccustomed to, and it just takes the breath out of me. However, it doesn't take the breath out of me as much as it used to. While doing pull ups I looked around and so some people doing wall balls. They really weren't doing them though, like they never really lowered their hips, only bending at the waist. I imagine that's easier, but if you're not doing it correctly you're only fooling yourself into thinking you're in better shape then what you actually are. I also realized that improving upon wall balls will also help with thrusters, so the better I get at wall balls, the better my Fran time should be. That provided some motivation at the end, but man it was hard to push through that last set.

This was a good wod, but I feel like I didn't really attack it. I didn't feel this gigantic pressure to finish asap. I felt more like I was stuck in a cruising mode, and I couldn't figure out how to kick it up a notch. Sigh, story of my crossfit life.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hi Adam!
Sounds like you're still hitting it hard. Don't forget its ok to not hit every single WOD with all out 120% effort. Some days all you got is !00% or even 90% and given that you started pro and went elite tells me you gave it your all! :)
Keep up the awesome work!