Sunday, March 21, 2010

Kiss me I'm Irish

Really, really, really like this workout:

15, 12, 9 deadlifts (175w, 275m)
double the ghd situp (30,24,18)
triple the double under (45,36,27)


I lowered the weight down to 225 because I still want to really nail Deadlifts with a tight core. Jerry said the weight should be for touch-and-go, and I figured 225 could be that weight for me.

I was a little off on that calculation. I wasn't exactly touch-and-go, but I really didn't have to let go of the bar either. time was 15:16.

The GHD sit ups were awesome, was starting to really keep my stomach tight so that my lower back didn't hurt when I fully extended backwards.

The double unders were a little tricky, but I was successful is standing a little more upright while jumping. I really worked on only using my wrists to twirl the rope, and they're starting to come a little more easily and consistently. I think I got up to 26 in a row, and had multiple occasions where I got over 10. They're coming, just need a little more time.

For a while last year I think I was kind of stuck in a holding pattern, working out but not really seeing improvements that cause the excitement and positive reinforcement to do more. I know this type of thing is cyclical, that I just needed to be patient before I have my next burst of improvement, and I think I'm currently in a great uptick. I'm engaging my abs, my hip is now pretty much pain free, and people (as well as myself) have been noticing a change in my physique. It's a great time right now.

No comments: