Saturday, March 6, 2010

First friday, Annie (PR) and Elizabeth

So I did Annie again, wanted to see how my double unders were faring. I kept thinking I could get away with an efficient hop, but for some reason I couldn't get high enough. I had to resort to an inefficient hop, one where I raise my feet by bending my knees. It wears me out like all get out, but it was the only way. I broke my DU PR by five, getting up to 26 DU's in a row. However, during the middle of the workout one of the end pieces of the rope flew off. This caused me to stop, run over to get another rope, and adjust the length of it. This added over a minute, but even with this extra time I did it in 11:04, two minutes faster than last time. All in all I'm pretty happy.

Since Annie is such a quick, non-strength wod I thought to add on Elizabeth, a wod I've been eying for a couple of months now. I tried doing it Rx'd, but after squat clean #3 I failed twice, so I scaled down to 95#. I wanted to really work on technique, both the hook grip and diving under the bar. I also wanted to improve keeping the core tight while in the squat position. I think I accomplished all of this. The ring dips were really, really tough. I haven't done them in a while, I never really felt like I did one really correctly: Elbows tight to the body, chest all the way down to the rings, etc. My time was 15:41. It's a start.

First friday social was awesome. I'm tired of people seeing me in my causal clothes from work or in my workout clothes, so I decided to dress it up a bit. Good times.

2 comments:

MarkD said...

Looking good Adam.

Adam said...

thanks Mark. *gives blue steel look*