Monday, November 23, 2009

Three rep Deadlift Max PR

So today I quickly hit 335, which is a paltry 20 pound increase over the last time we worked on three rep deadlifts. I could've hit heavier, but my core is still just too weak. Even with 335, I can feel that thorasic bend. I keep the core tension so nothing breaks, but I just really don't want to push it.

...During this workout Andrea cautioned against people pushing themselves to the point of injury. "Not everyday is a PR day", and if you don't have it in you, you don't have it in you.

However, as I look back at the past 7 days of workouts I've had PR's in the snatch, front squat, strict press, and now the deadlift. The gains seem to be slowing down, but I'm still achieving my goal of making everyday a PR day. I'm not disagreeing with Andrea's advice, I think it is dangerous to push beyond what you're capable of. But my point is if I make this stuff my main priority, if I zone/paleo religiously, attend crossfit every day, and focus on the movement it is possible for me to make everyday a PR day.

After talking to my DO about my tight hip capsules, he reccomends I see a Rolfer. Rolfing is hard to describe simply, but basically it's deep tissue massage, and if this works I will be a very, very happy man. If my tight hip capsules are slowing down my core progress like the shoulder tendonitis was slowing down my upper body progression, then fixing this would (Cue heroice music) herald a new era of gains of which the world has never seen before.

Alright, time to set up an appointment.

3 comments:

Sean said...

Nice work there kimosabe. WHERE YOU BEEN!?!

Adam said...

I've been here all week. Where have you been? Out kicking holes into more walls?

Sean said...

I've taken a second job as a Demolition Man. I use Kettlebells, and Size 9.5 Vans slip-ons for equipment... yep, you guessed it! I do all this while pantless.