Saturday, November 14, 2009

Murph!

So Friday was Murph, and I going in I thought my last Murph time was 50:something, so why not add a weight vest? Well, appearently last time it was actually 69:51, not the best of times. However, my time today was only 10 minutes faster than last time, 80:23.

It's a little silly in that it took me twice as long as others, but one thing I noticed constantly is that no one else was doing real push ups. Like their chest would get to 2" off the ground, and then they'd go back up. I only commented on this once, but I figured it's not my place to really call out some one like that, so I kept it to myself through the workout. I did 200 real push ups, I never lowered the standard, and my shoulders are barking at me for it.
I tried combating mental fatigue with my own iPod. Chriss says that they take your mind off the exercise, but for me it helps me focus, prevents my mind from wandering to other places. I also wore my compression shirt to help with running in the cold (and strong wind!) and with endurance. I think having these were definitely good mental tools.
Pull ups were good, I was using my arms a little too much at first, so I started to really use my hips, and that helped and felt good. My hands were almost unmolested, but on the VERY LAST ROUND one callus tore (but not badly) and some skin on the palm of my hand was removed.
Squats were good, the pain in my hip feels more like weakness, but I don't think it is weakness because if it was it would've gotten a lot stronger months ago. I plan on opening up a flexible spending account and then seeing Dr. Bills with a game plan to get my hips nice and loose.
I feel awesome for doing this workout. ...I also feel incredibly sore.

No comments: