Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Heavy Snatch Workout

The Wod:

AMRAP in 20 min
3 snatch
6 pull up
12 box jump @24"

I decided to try going with the elite weight of 135# for the snatch, which was a little cocky of me because it's my one rep max. I did three reps warming up, and then I did one round. For the second round, however, I failed twice, so I backed down to 115#. I ended up getting 9.3 rounds in this time.

I really worked on using my arms to pull myself up to the bar in pull ups, this seemed to help a lot. ...Someday I will get a nice smooth kip like I had back in the blue room.

After one of my snatches my hip was on fire, like lots of pain shooting down my leg and wrapping around my hip. As bad as this sounds, I take it as a good sign because it felt muscular, not joint/bone. I called and left a message with the Rolfer, now I just have to wait for her to call me back.

No comments: