Monday, August 18, 2008

Spreading the Crossfit love

Today I convinced one of my roommates to come and try out a crossfit class with the 16 days for 16 dollars offer. I also got a commitment from one of my co-workers to try it out this Wednesday. After her visit and seeing my zone meals, my girlfriend Kristin is now going to try the zone diet (there aren't any crossfit gyms in Bloomington, IN) It always feels great to see others share the same experiences and enjoy them as well.

Today's workout was shoulder heavy, which was welcomed with my hip and the leg workout yesterday.

5 rounds:
max reps of strict press
max reps of chin-ups

My total was 48 reps with 75 lbs and 54 chins.

It felt good to push the shoulder and find that it's responding nicely. I imagine it will take a while for me to trust it, but that'll come with time. Speaking of stuff that takes time, I now have an appointment with a DO next week. I'm really excited about this, since all of my research points to this being the best method to treat hip tendonitis.

2 comments:

Katie said...

yes! convince them to join the cult... :)

Adam said...

Believe me, I'm trying my hardest.