Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back in the States

So I got back into the USA yesterday, and I didn't attend crossfit because I was swamped with work and all that entails with coming back from a long trip (groceries, laundry, etc). In addition to all of that, my hip still hurts. So I decided to go to the PTO gym and work on my physical therapy exercises. I worked on my rotator cuff some, and although it felt a little weak it didn't feel injured. I'll have a better idea with how I feel tomorrow, but I think the two weeks off what what I needed to fully recover from the injury.

I can't wait until Friday when I get back into the blue room. However, I will first talk to my physical therapist about what I can and can not do with my hip. I've realized recovering from this is simple: don't do exercises that aggravate the injury, and continue therapy. After going through the crossfit message board, I found out that who I need to see is an osteopath that does ART. Right now my insurance doesn't cover that, but I'm going to look if I can change insurance companies tomorrow.

I really feel like I can finally live without pain, and not only that, I will still be able to work out because crossfit is scalable. It's so good to be back.

PS don't worry, tomorrow I will post pictures and blog about the Spain trip.

2 comments:

Cara said...

Welcome back!

Katie said...

I'm still trying to decide how much I dislike you... posting pictures will only increase it! :P