Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First appointement with the DO

Met with Dr. Craddock today, and I'm so happy I did this. He explained to me that my pelvis is tilted forward and down, like I'm slouching forward and using my right arm to reach for my left shoe. He also said that I can continue to do Crossfit, although he prefer I not go the day after he works on me. He also said Crossfit's emphasis on core muscles will be very beneficial, so glad to see yet another reason to do crossfit.

The experience was a little strange, he would place me in some strange positions, press on a point on my back or hip, and ask me to resist certain movements. He also applied gentle pressure to my back and neck. DO's manipulate the connective tissue, and instill balance to the muscles that twist my pelvis. Although at the time it didn't feel like he did anything, having now left the office I feel really... different. I feel like a lot has been done to my body, but I can't put my finger on it.

I am extremely glad I did this, the doc explained that DO's provide the only type of treatment for this ailment, and given that I've seen physical therapists, chiropractors, and orthopedist with no relief, I believe him.

No comments: