Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hanging my head with Pride

Well, today was definitely an eye opener.

Two weeks away from crossfit and you lose all your endurance. I worked out on Sun and Mon, and I'm a little sore. Ok, I'm really sore. But nothing was going to stop me from working out for the epic battle of the sexes. Here's how the teams score points:

3 pts
400m Farmer's walk
1 pt
500m row
35 ab-mat situps
10 burpees
400m run



I decided to start out on my forte the row machine, then switch over to the point generator that is the farmer's walk. So I get on the row machine, get everything ready, and Jerry yells "go!"

Then I pull out that first stroke, and I already feel tired.

I felt like I had nothing in the tank from the first second. Guess my body got used to relaxation a little too easily. I was still determined to put up a good time for the 2k meter record. Even with a two week break and really not feeling it, I set my PR with 7:40, which is the third fasted time in the class.

So after the row, I took a break with the ab-mat situps. Then the farmer's walk. Last time I did this, I did like 3 carrying 65 lb kettlebells with no problem. After 100m, I had to put down the 35 lb dumbells because my forearms were so fried. Moreover, I was just amazed at how much harder everything was than the last time I did this. It makes me never want to miss a xfit workout again.

So after the 400 farmer's walk with four breaks, I jogged another 400 m. I figured the jogging wouldn't irritate the hip, as opposed to running. Then I went back inside, think I did another set of situps and then another 4k, this time in like 8:30. I remeber reading that rowing helps the hip, and I'd believe it because I can really feel the misalignment when I sit on those row seats.

After that it was burpee time, and I shared some with some other guys. All in all I think I got a measly 17 points, but I really feel like I gave it all that I had. A big shout out to Chriss for scoring 41 points, simply unbelievable.

So the men lost, and I definitely hurt the team. But I gave it my best effort, and I also set a new PR that's the third fastest in the class and for that I am proud. Can't wait to win the tie breaker in this series.

No comments: