Friday, August 15, 2008

Finally, pics from Spain

Since this is a crossfit blog, and not a travel blog, I'll keep this (somewhat) brief.




Here we are on top of Gaudi's
Sagrada Familia in Barcelona. It's still under construction, but it is gianormous. The building is unlike I have ever seen before, and driving up to it was an experience I won't likely forget. If you are ever in Barcelona, check it out.












At an old fort overlooking the port of Barcelona. The panaramic view is best viewed when you ride the funicular, you can get to the funicular through the tour buses.

















Ah European fashion...
Tried on this shirt from Custo Barcelona. this shirt was it way too small... perfect by european standards. In addition, it was on sale for only 179 euros (~$263)!! Definitely a shirt worthy of the Blue Steel.












The thing to do when in Madrid is to go from bar to bar, getting one or two drinks and enjoy the Tapas that come with them. For example, this fancy volcano drink that we got (which gets my stamp of approval) came with a plate of olives, Iberian ham (it's like prosciutto, Spaniards live on it), chocolate, and corn nuts. I would like to state for the record that I ate the olives and ham to balance out the carbs of the drink, making it zone friendly :)






Here we are living it up at the penthouse, rated as the second best rooftop bar in the world. You need to definitley pre-game before coming here with it's 10 euro drinks. Madrid parties more than London or Paris, but in August eveyone is on vacation, so the bars close early. My suggestion is to get here in like May or June, when it isn't too hot and you can party until 8am instead of 3am.








Here's a pic of a Flamenco dance at the Corral de la Moreria in Madrid, which I highly reccomend. The dances represent stories, so understanding Spainish will greatly enhance the experience, but I didn't understand a single word and still enjoyed it. Getting there early helps, because there are pillars in the room, which can obstruct one's view.










And here we are in Toledo. It has lots of culture and is very romantic with it's narrow streets and sense of history. This is also the place to go if you want to buy a knife or a sword, as all the tourist shops feature them in the windows.











Plaza de Espana in Seville. Seville is another romantic place, but not as big as Barcelona (my favorite city). It is also extremely hot in August, getting up to about 40 degrees Celsius.













Breakfast at the Best Western Subur Maritim in Sitges. Sitges is awesome, it has the best beaches and the best crowd, if you don't mind a large gay population. There might have been more gay people than usual, because we showed up just in time for Mr. Gay Sitges 2008.






I've got another 200 pictures, but these are a few of the highlights of the trip. Let me know if y'all are interested in seeing more.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Very pretty... I have now decided that yes I do indeed hate you.... :P

Adam said...

Don't hate the player, hate the game ;)

Cara said...

So jealous! Glad you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

I don't suppose you found a place in Spain that does Crossfit, did you? I actually stumbled across this entry by googling for crossfit spain.

Xavi

Adam said...

Xavi,

I'm sorry to say that as far as I know there are no crossfit gyms in Spain. ...I can say that you are not alone in looking for a crossfit gym in Spain/Madrid, as Feedit regularly shows people finding this page from googling "crossfit spain" or "crossfit madrid". Sorry I can't be of more help, and good luck in finding one.