Thursday, October 22, 2009

Working on the snatch

Today we were to find our one rep snatch max. However, Melissa said I needed to ride every snatch down to a squat, which made things a little more difficult. My speed strength just wasn't there for diving totally under the bar, but I got up to 115 which is 5#s short of my PR.

My technique is very rusty, only now as I'm writing this do I realize I totally forgot about the rebend after the bar clears the knees. The snatch is the most technically challenging lift to me, but I love it. My biggest problem is getting proper hip extension (which involves the knee re-bend), after that, I think I'll have a better time getting under the bar.

I also have a HUGE knot now in my right shoulder blade. I saw Dr. Bills and he gasped in surprise at the size of the trigger point.

I'm flying up to Chicago tonight and will be driving back to DC. I might get a chance to re-visit Crossfit Bloomington, should be interesting to see how those guys are doing.

No comments: