Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Strict press 1 rep max PR and double unders

Simple, but not easy:

Strict press:
1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

So I knew my pr is 120, but I also knew I hadn't really used my shoulder for six weeks while recovering from the tendonitis. I ramped it up to 120 pretty quickly, and it was tough but I did it. ...The strict press feels different now, post tendonitits treatment. I feel like I have more control now over my left shoulder, and can thus push it harder. I attempted 125, but failed. Then I did 121 and barely got it. then tried 125 again, and failed. It is amazing how little a pound can make.

After that I worked on double unders. My approach was the same as when I used to practice the string bass. Start slow with little increments, and once you achieve some success don't stop until it becomes second nature.

First let me say that one should never do double unders in vibram five fingers. They leave the top of your feet exposedI went from not being able to get one to starting to get one occasionally. I then started to get one on command. I then started to get one double, then one single, then another double. I then got it up to a set of three alternating sets. I would take a few brakes, and when I came back to the double under I would have to go through the progression again each time, but I would get back to the set of three alternating faster each time. Near the end I just got too tired to keep going.

Later that night after I showered I looked at my feet, and the tops of my feet were both bruised and cut. Guess I really do need to work on the jump rope. Very excited though because tonight was the first night were I felt like I made some real progress. Now I'm not as scared of them coming up in the hopper.

No comments: