Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A really hard decision made today.

Exhausted, today's workout thankfully didn't have anything approximating squats. This is what was on the board:

800 m run
30 clean and press (95 lbs)
30 chin ups
800 m run
25 clean and press
25 chin ups
800 m run
20 clean and press
20 chin ups

This is what I ended up doing:

800 m
30 clean and press (20 lb dumbells)
30 chin ups
800 m
25 cleans (95 lbs)
12 chin ups
800 m
20 cleans
10 chin ups

I did it in 49:50

I really really really hate the fact that I had to stop the press element in the clean and press, but on three different reps I felt/herd my shoulder "click", which means there's still an impingement in my shoulder. Because of the muscle tear, when I move my arm above my head there's still a danger of something catching, thus the clicking. I know that it might not hurt at that moment, but I will feel it later. So I had to stop, and that took all of my will power.

Chin ups were also really, really hard. The last set I could only do them one or two at a time. Good news is I got my form back, I felt like my kip is really getting good. Bad news is that my forearms are my weak link. Like I did one or two straight pull-ups, so my lats (which are still sore) were strong enough, I just couldn't hold onto the bar. Thankfully, that will improve, and soon I'll be pounding out the chin-ups. Strangely, I'm looking forward to Friday, wonder what Jerry will have in store!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Adam, I know it sucks dude, but it was the right move for the injury. Your body will thank you later for that.

Cara said...

Yeah - definitely good call. Have fun in today's class - it's a good time! You may have to sub something for the push-presses, but the rest should be fine for you, I would think.

Thanks for the shout-out, by the way!