Monday, July 7, 2008

The key to the men's sucess?

Katie claims in her comment to my last post that the men's victory was luck, plain and simple. Being as close as the score was I have a tendency to believe her. But, I would like to share my game plane that might have helped (or hurt) the men's score, now that I'm back from Detroit/Chicago and can use my laptop.

In the last ten minutes we could partner up, so I thought it would be a good idea to partner up for the 6 point farmer walk. That would get the most points in the least amount of time. So for the last 6-7 min, I split 3 farmer walks.

So in that last 6-7 min, we earned 18 points total. That means I earned 9 points in 6-7 minutes, that's about 1.5 points per minute. So if I had kept up that pace for the entire 40 min, I would have had a score of around 60. Considering that my score was half that, I guess it really helped my score.

So I think my plan, to game the system and go for the big point award with teamwork, might have had helped out, but there might be a better way. While I still believe the secret to really succeeding in these competitions is teamwork, I think my implementation of it wasn't the best. Next time, I think someone sounding off and doing something like burbees as a group would work better. Perhaps the next team competition will reveal a better team strategy...

1 comment:

Katie said...

Big points were the way to go on that workout... that's why the 0645 crew men did so well... I didn't even know Terrance was in class that day because he spent the whole time outside!

I maintain it was luck. Had I thought at 0600 to strategize, I would have done this differently... :P you're lucky I was still half asleep that morning... the rematch will be big...