Friday, July 11, 2008

A good day today

Got a PR for dead lift: 265 lbs

Then did this:

500m row (1:47)
40 wall balls
30 Kettlebells
20 Burpees
10 Chin-ups

1 round for time

My time was 10:42, but the thing that made my day is that I'm starting to get used to pushing myself. Since coming back, I've been having problems pushing myself when I hit that wall. It's not a lack of will, I think, but it just a sensation I'm not used to and couldn't figure out how to push myself.

Well, I was doing burpees, first going for sets of five, when suddenly I realized I was capable of doing more, that standing up and "resting" was when I felt the worst. When I was doing chip ups, after doing 5 I suddenly realized that I only had 5 more to go, and hammered them out quick. I feel like now I can start to really improve.

On a separate note, I think I might go from a 5-5-2-5-2 block schedule to a 4-4-2-4-2 block schedule. Jerry told me to go for the 5-2, but sometimes it's a little hard to finish a meal being it's so much food, although sometimes it's no problem polishing off a 5 block meal. On a related note, every time I talk to people about how much I should eat they're really surprised I'm 6'2". I'm not sure why, but people always think I'm shorter, like 5'10".

2 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats on the PR!

Adam said...

Thanks! I should say that this was really my first time to work on deadlift, so any weight I did would have been a PR :)