Friday, July 18, 2008

Date with Fran

Well, today was my first meeting with Fran. She was quiet and unassuming, but as soon as you get close to her you realize she'll rock you like a hurricane.

21 Squat Thrusters (95 lbs)
21 pull-ups
15 Thrusters
15 pull-ups
9 Thrusters
9 pull-ups

My game plan was to focus on the fact that I had to leave it all on in the blue room, to never rest and just to push through it. It sucks, but it's not suppose to be enjoyable, right? I was surprised at how exhausting it was, and somewhat ashamed of how much I wanted to give up, to quit. That is something I rarely experience, and something I've always prided myself on never giving up no matter what the challenge. I pushed myself and I did it in 19:43. I'm still not happy finishing last, but I also realize this was my second full week of crossfit, and I just have that much room to improve. There is no reason why I can't get to a sub-ten Fran, or even a sub-six Fran, it's all just a matter of time.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Adam, your first Fran is always like a test run. You'll figure it out as you do it.

Adam said...

Thank you Katie, I guess I just felt weak when I wrote this. Hope you're having fun in NYC, sure seems like you are from you're blog entries.

Cara said...

Hey Adam! Your first time hitting Fran, and you did it Rx? That's amazing!

I know how it feels to want to quit - but, how does it feel to know that you managed to push through and finish? Pretty damn good, I would hope!

Adam said...

The thought that I would "hurt" more by quitting is what really kept me going, I can't wait to do Fran in like 3 months to see how far I've progressed.