Friday, April 23, 2010

Scaled back met con for my weak chest

Thurs is usually my rest day, but when I saw this I HAD to come in:

20 min AMRAP
9/6 ring dips
9 push press @ 115#
9 burbees

My chest is so weak I had to work this, plus we haven't done ring dips in a long while. Not to mention PP is a weakness of mine (kills me in FGB).

I scaled it down to 6 dips, because I knew they were going to get hard quick. for the first round I did the Rx'd weight of 115, but in the second round I missed like three times in a row so I scaled it down to 95. Managed to get 6 rounds flat in. The dips got very, very difficult as I struggled to maintain good form. My chest simply has no endurance whatsoever, I need to get back to doing push ups on the regular.

Near the end I started to find some semblance of a proper push press. Most of the time I was using my shoulders WAY too much, but near the end I found a way where the shoulders hardly did any work. That's what I need, because they just can't do it.

Saw Olga and it was wonderful, she worked on all kinds of knots in my body, and my Illiopsoas was tiiiiight. She worked on it and afterwards when I stood up she commented that I was no longer tilted with my right pelvis higher up than my left. I feel sooo much better, I desperately needed this.

No comments: