Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Saturday, power cleans met con

If I had to pick only one lift as my favorite lift, it would be the power clean. I guess that's the one where I feel like I can hang with the big dogs because my technique is pretty advanced (still room for improvment though, as always.) Saturday's wod:

5 rounds
5 power cleans @ 155#
10 burpees
200m run

Jerry used me as an example for the power clean. In order to show the importance of opening up the grip as you recieve the bar, he asked me to keep my fists closed, with the expectation that trouble would occur. ...I suprised him by being able to do it without a problem. Yay for shoulder flexability! Thanks to all that self-massage and all those dr.s I saw, flexability is not a huge issue for me (still have tight hamstrings though)
Anyways, the cleans were fun, but I was having trouble doing touch and go. I didn't enjoy the ride down, if you will, so I kept dropping the bar. Need to work on this so I can get faster.
The burpees are getting easier and easier, even though I'm not doing those random pushups as much as I should, I seem to be improving in this area.

The run, however, sucked balls. Now that I'm around 205, I'm not as near as light on my feet as I was when I was weighing in at 170, those extra 35#s are just slowing me down. But Crossfit is all about balance, and if I weighed 170 I doubt I would be anywhere as near as strong as I am now with regards to my max lifts.

I'm still doing the whole pose thing, but I'm finding it tough to kick it into a high gear with that form. Everytime I sprint, I end up feeling my legs starting ot really reach out ahead of me, instead of catching myself as I run forward. There's a running cert at CFOT, I thought about attending it but the $600 needed is a bit much for where I'm at right now.

No comments: