Thursday, February 3, 2011

Superfit 2011 third workout

This was a somewhat surprising and humbling experience. In posting my earlier blog post I said my goal was 40, but I had completely forgotten about the 7 pull ups on the minute. I ended up getting nine reps, which was not a whole lot, not a lot at all.

My game plan was not to burn out quickly, I wanted to pace myself. So I decided to go for 10 thrusters the first round and go by how I feel after that. I knew that the difficult part with this wod was the pull ups, but it had been a long time since I've worked out with c2b pull ups, something I should get back to.

So the first round goes ok, I tried to get a final one as the seconds ticked down and although I think I got it the judge said no. In doing the pull ups I'm really feeling light, and I'm doing belly to bar pu's. For some reason I just feel like it's easier that way, I'm using my momentum more if I'm starting up at a higher place. In the video you can hear Melissa mention that I'm going too high, perhaps I was, but like I said they seem easier when I'm going up that high. I think my first round was pretty strong, but after that I didn't have a lot in the tank. I didn't really feel winded, I just felt like moving was difficult. Sometimes I wonder if I'm all fast twitch, which would be pretty bad because I'm really not that strong.

Anyway, I really struggle with the pull ups, but my form was pretty darn good on the thrusters and was surprised they weren't difficult. Here's the video, so you can see me hit the wall after the first round:

No comments: