Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Superfit 2011 second workout

Deadlifts and double unders

For the deadlift and double unders, I actually did way more than I thought I would. I got all the way into the fifth round before time expired. This workout really hurt me, physically as well as score wise. A lot of people were able to get this one done in 4:30, if not faster. My deadlift is crap, and I need to really work on it. This is a big, big flaw in my game.

I also learned that I really need to work on my double unders. In jumping high enough to clear the rope, I'm collapsing my body instead of using plyometric energy like a box jump. This is something else I need to add to the mix.

It's kind of sad because this is the quintessential crossfit couplet, and I suck at it.

If you like to see major thoracic bend, then by all means check out the vid. And a special thanks to Maggie for videotaping this as well as her support.

No comments: