Friday, February 4, 2011

Superfit 2011 fourth workout

This is the last wod of the competition, and I was in the last heat because I was in the bottom five. I'm a bit frustrated by this, I've been xfitting for 2.5 years, I've been on the zone diet for 2 years and then the paleo/zone for about 4 months, I learned about recovery and mobility and practice it everyday, while getting a professional massage every two weeks (and I needed to get one every week for a while there) to make sure my muscles aren't suffering from an excess of inflammation.

Point is, I felt like I should be better than placing in the bottom five. So I was determined to do really well on this one, and I did have my best performance of the weekend. I felt confident with this workout because of the OHS's, my shoulder mobility is much better then most dudes (remember those massages?) so I wouldn't be fighting my own muscles or having to really focus on keeping the weight overhead. I could use my muscles to maximum efficiency.

I ended up doing four and some change, which was better than a few other CFOTers. However, it was exactly half the amount the guy who one it did (ridiculous), if that gives you an idea of relativity. My performance bumped me up two spots, but it also helped that 11 people didn't even show up to do this wod, so it kind of diminishes my sense of accomplishment. I just feel a bit weak, that I'm not progressing like I should be, it's a bit frustrating. I will say this though, I look way better than I did when I started, and I'm looking better every day, especially thanks to the paleo challenge some of my friends are doing, but I'll save that for another post.

Anyway, here's an awesome video put together by our videographer Koz:

No comments: