Thursday, February 24, 2011

Got Snatch?

So I've changed things up a bit with my class. I know I haven't been very vocal on the blog about my class, and that's mostly because I don't want to scare away any potential clients with the thought that I will write about their performance. But basically all has been quiet on the coaching front, I've found my routine and everything is going along quite smoothly.

However, I've been only getting a handful of people to show up. In looking for some way to spruce things up, I asked some clients last week if they would like me to start teaching the snatch and pretty much every one of them said it would be exciting. I love the Olympic lifts, one reason why I chose that as my first certification, even before my level one. So this is very exciting for me. It's strange to think that it's been two years since I attended that cert, starts to make me feel old.

I met up with Melissa to make sure I have all the tools ready, and I think i do. The snatch is, in my mind, the most difficult lift to master. It has been called ballet with a barbell, and I'm about to take on some peeps with two left feet.

No comments: