Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Front squat failure

Today was find your 2 rep front squat max, and this was a bit of a disappointment for me. Last year I was able to get 225 with one rep of 245. This time I hit 205 and couldn't get one rep of 225. I feel like I'm getting weaker, and I'm not happy with this. At first I thought it was the fact that I was relearning how to do everything, how to squat with my abs engaged. But now, now I'm getting frustrated. I feel like my diet is pretty damn good, paleo with very few exceptions. I have worked my ass off in recovery and mobility, and yet I feel like I've hit a ceiling. Is this as good as it gets, after almost three years have I reached my limit? I have seen a lot of gains when it comes to technique, muscle ups come to mind, but when it comes to my max lifts it seems like nothing has changed, if not reversed. Sorry I'm just mad and am ranting a bit. Hopefully things will be better in the morning.

No comments: