Monday, February 7, 2011

Post Superfit, where to go from here.

So I didn't do so hot with the superfit wods, now what? I asked for feedback and I got it, this is what I got:
  1. My aerobic capacity is usually what slows me down first. This can be remedied with some interval training 2 times a week.
  2. I'm not as strong as most of the competitors. Although CFOT is a strength bias, I should raise the weight and lower the volume on met-cons to increase my work capacity.
  3. Core strength needs work. I should do something, L-sits, GHD, toes to bar, every time I come into the gym.
So I guess I'm going to have to change up my routine a bit. I guess I'll "cash out" each day with some GHD's. I did that for a while, and it really started to bring out my abs, guess I should start doing that again. The interval training should be interesting, as I def don't do any aerobic activity outside of xfit, at least not until spring starts and I'll start biking again to the gym. ...I've been thinking of joining Alexandria's Master swimming program for some time, perhaps this is the time???

On another note, I'm participating in my gym's paleo challenge. And although during the week it's not a challenge at all, during the past couple of weekends it has been quite a challenge. Two weekends ago I went skiing in snowshoe West Virginia (which was awesome) and the only food there was crap. Fortunately I brought my own food for breakfast, but lunch and dinner were tough. This past weekend was both my birthday and the Superbowl, and when your gf makes peanutbutter cupcakes for you, it's hard to not indulge.

However, I'm still making good progress. The other day I ran into Chriss and Andrea, my old coaches before they went and started Trident Crossfit, and they were amazed at how I looked, and I was wearing a jacket. Chriss kept gushing about how I'd changed, and I responded with, "Well, I'm doing this thing called Crossfit, and it's really helping me get into shape." I miss those two. Anyways, point is I'm still making progress. I remember about this time last year when Judy commented that I was really starting to look ripped (a product of getting massages), and I've gotten only leaner and leaner.

Going into crossfit my goal first and foremost was to get a six-pack, to look ridiculously shredded. As the years pass, I'm now becoming more concerned with performance. I want to be stronger and faster. However, I think ideally I'll be able to accomplish both. I'm always looking out to see if I'm going into Keytosis, and I still eat a lot of almond butter. Yet I still find myself hungry, not starving, but hungry. Still tweaking, but I think I'm in a great place right now with diet, I've even given up on adding sugar and cream to my coffee!!!! Never thought I'd drink coffee black, but then this paleo challenge came around and pow, I want to win!!

No comments: