Friday, July 30, 2010

Tweaked my back

So on Wed we had a strange wod:

10 power cleans (135#)
10 bar push ups
200m run every time you let go/regrip the bar
bd 3 rounds Inf 4 rnds HTFU 5 rnds

I did 3 rnds in like 6:50 and 5 rnds in 12:xx. I seem to be able to rip through the first three rounds, but after that it's game over. Will try to power through 4 rounds next time and see how that goes.

Because of the incentive to not let go of the bar or rest I had to bounce the cleans, touch-and-go if you will. This was ok for the first part but near the end of the workout my form suffered degradation. I thought it was ok but after the workout I def felt a tweak. The tweak has since become more intense. Later that day I felt a huge knot in my lower back, so I did a lot of foam rolling on it with a lacrosse ball. I think that helped a lot but now I'm super sore from the massage. Two days later and it still hurts to sit down, so I'm calling in another rest day. Feel lazy but I know that if I go in I'm going to do something stupid and make it worse. Will continue to massage and see how it feels tomorrow.

No comments: