Monday, August 2, 2010

Still dealing with the back

So I worked out on sat and subbed out any weight bearing exercise for something else, like instead of push press I did ring dips. Felt "fine" when all was done. I use the quotes because although I didn't feel worse, I still have that damned pain in my back/side. I also want to note that doing 20 Double unders is becoming less and less of a problem. On the last round I was able to really focus and did all 20 DU's unbroken, like no sweat. I'm very happy about this.

Kayaked on the Potomac on Sunday for two hours and everything felt fine.

Woke up this morning with very, very little pain. Today's wod as Rx'd involved heavy deadlifts, so doing the alt wod was a no-brainer. It was a 20 min AMRAP and had some KB swings. I tried them out for the first couple of rounds with light weight but I felt my back being used, so I did GHD's instead. I had no problem doing this because my abs hurt for 5 days after last Monday's wod "Nabby" where I did 100 GHD's. Guess I let the abs go, and I don't want to do that again, especially if it helps with my hip pain.

So right now as I type this my left lower back still smarts, still have a knot there that I work on all the time, my hip is still in pain but I think it's getting less due to seeing Olga on Wednesday followed by a rest day, and my left shoulder doesn't feel quite right. I don't know if it's out of socket or what but something is a little off.

Feeling a little banged up right now, but so far it's nothing that I haven't seen before and can't handle. I just need to stay on top of my foam rolling and simply take care of myself.

No comments: