Saturday, August 7, 2010

Badger

So we did Badger, which has special meaning for me, because it was basically my first crossfit workout. When I did my third Badger, I did a great job of posting how big of an improvement I had done from my first to second to third time, so I don't feel like I need to start from the beginning. Last time I did this (almost two years ago) my time was 53:13, but we did hang squat cleans. Today my time was 53:11 with from the floor squat cleans. I'm not a big fan of the fact I only lowered my time by a freakin' 2 seconds, but it is what it is. Lately my hip really has started to bind up again. I haven't enjoyed talking about it but it's been pretty bad. Yesterday I actually didn't want to workout because I didn't want to cause myself further pain with the hip. That's a little scary. I also haven't fully recovered with my lower back. It's to the point where it's a ghost of a pain, but even a ghost means it's not 100%. However, I decided to do this wod and just really focus on having proper technique, so it was more of a skill day. I think I did a great job of making my last squat clean as proper as my first one, and each one was done properly with the abs taking on more of the weight than the lower back.

Here is a clip from the last time I did Badger:



So appearently today was my first actual Rx'd badger, I had no idea. This morning I simply had no energy, it was frustrating. The front squat element was ridiculous on my hip, I tried to do a good job on keeping the squat proper, to make sure I didn't dip my right hip down farther than my left. Regardless I think things are getting better with my hip. I see Olga once a week right now, and it's like I never saw her in the first place. I think it's because I would workout sometimes the day after seeing her, appearently that's not a good idea.

Whatever the case, I feel a bit broken, I wonder if I'll ever get back to that point where I was experiencing no pain at all. That month was just awesome, it was like the best thing ever not experiencing that dull ache in my hip. I thought I had it licked, but it looks like the journey's still not over yet.

I really want to attend a mobility cert.

No comments: