Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Had my physical

So it was time for the yearly physical, and I was happy with the results starting with the ok and moving up to the unbelievable:

My cholesterol is ok, the total is 180, with the HDL being 55, triglycerides at 63, and LDL at 112. It's ok, but I'm not happy with it. I think I need to do something to my diet for this one, but I'm not sure what.

My vision is waaay better then I thought it was. I thought the years of being a desk jockey would render me at least slightly near-sighted, but in fact I have better then perfect vision: 20/13

To be honest I'm a bit floored by this, but it also makes me think of that commercial where the man proudly says, "I have special eyes."

My blood pressure is now in a good place: 117 over 74. This is great because it was much higher at this point in time last year. I'm so glad I'm no longer on Concerta.

I now have proof that I am in fact an athlete. My resting hear rate was measured at 44bpm. That. Is. Ridiculous. My heart rate is usually in the upper 50's, but you don't get a heart rate in the low 40's without pushing yourself. And it's amazing given the short workouts we do in crossfit. This also explains why after a workout I don't feel that winded, I just feel weak. Time for my muscles to catch up with my cardio system.

So now I know I have the eyes of a hawk and the heart of an athlete. This really does make me see myself in a new light. I'm getting closer and closer to where I want to be. I can taste it, and it tastes good.

3 comments:

Terry (kettlebellguy.com) said...

That is a great report Adam and sure speaks to your hard work.

Angie said...

Awesome results!

Adam said...

Thanks guys, I'm really proud that my hard work and dedication are paying off. I had a Xfit hater tell me I needed to work on my cardio, and I got to tell him that I'm at 44bpm, so he needs to shut the hell up. It felt great.