Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Appearent weight loss

So I'm foam rolling with Stuart and others post WOD, and they start to asking me about if I've lost weight. This is the 7:30 crew, so they don't see me that often, and each of the guys mention they've noticed a definite change with me. I tell them that I've stopped eating oatmeal for breakfast and am now eating steak, egg, fruit and veggies, and it's made a big difference for me. But I tell them, "I haven't noticed any weight loss, I still weigh 205." Then I think about it, and decide to weigh myself, and the scale reads "195.0" So I then sheepishly tell them I've lost about ten pounds.

This is really interesting, because lately I feel like I'm cheating on my diet all the time (gf has all kinds of snacks available that are hard to resist when hungry, like yogurt covered pretzels.) and have been eating a bit more than I used to. But whatever the case, I seem to be losing weight, and fairly quickly.

I also seem to be hitting some sort of stride with the WOD's. More and more I find myself going through them with little to no rest (at least the first three rounds). Part of this is skill in the movement, but also I think I can focus and push myself for three rounds. I also think going back to Olga for help with my hip is helping a lot, since tight hips will really slow me down, especially in met-con.

No comments: