Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Seventh treatment of hip

So after waiting it out for like a month, I can still feel that my hip is not 100%.  It is SO DAMN CLOSE to being absolutely perfect, but I can still tell that there is just the slightest problem with it, and I want to get this done.  I don't think it will set back my rehab other than a couple of days, and now that I'm spacing out the treatment I don't feel like I'm rushing it.

When Dr. Hauser examined my hip and felt it click he shook his head and I could've sworn that he commented that I might need "one more treatment".  I'm not too sure because it was a bit of a blur with the Vicodin and Xanax.  If he really did say that I feel like I have the right to be more than a little peeved.  I mean, I remember him saying he thought that I would be done after the fourth treatment.  Now it's been three more treatments, plus upping it to PRP injections.  I'm going to ask him if there is a discount after a while.

Instead of the usual Morrhuate Sodium solution for the non-PRP injections, he used Asclera, another, albeit different, fatty acid.  The nurse said that one difference between the two is that the Morrhuate tends to cause the muscles to tighten up, whereas the Asclera will not. ....For real?  Everytime I see Bobby after a treatment he always comments on how my psoas is rock-hard.  Perhaps my hip muscles were just sensitive to the Morrhuate?  My hip definitely feels different then after previous injections, and it feels better.  It feels more like there are less... side effects?  Like I feel the pressure from the injected liquid, but I don't really feel any referral pain or anything like that.  If the two solutions are about equally effective, then I much rather prefer the Asclera.

A few hours after the treatment, I was able to attend dance class and work on the tango as well as salsa.  This treatment allows me to do stuff like walk (or in this case, ballroom dance), but three days after the treatment I can't do anything like squat or run.  However, on the fourth day I plan on testing the hip out, and CAUTIOUSLY return to my workout.  If my hip even begins to hint at being pushed too hard. I'm shutting it down.  

Hopefully this one is the last one, I really really do.  To be able to say I've fixed this issue would make me happier than a dog loose in a butcher shop.  Again I'm playing it by ear, with the idea that if there is a problem I will see them six-eight weeks from now.  ...That could mean I see him the week after my wedding... wow...

1 comment:

Pamela Greshock said...

Adam..I've been MIA from reading your blog..(got married , honeymoon etc) BUT...GREAT to see your progress, as I mentioned before (You probably dont remember me! lol). I also HAD a 90% torn Labrum in my right hip and a slight torn in my left. I have been doing PRP on my right and Prolo on my left SI joint (as my doc thinks thats the source of my pain right now).
My husband and I own a crossfit gym here in Michigan. I havent even been able to do any of the workouts due to my hip issues. BUT I am VERY confident in allowing the body to heal itself (just as you are).
I am, however, hesitant to start a rehab program. I think I'm just scared. I was able to row for a good amount of time until all of a sudden one day I couldnt?! lol My hip and my ADDUCTOR started acting up and now (because Isaw you had done it) I started back with my old massage therapist (that i used when I was a competitive athlete. and that seems to be helping some.

SO...anyway just wanted to say HI! KEEP blogging (I am going to get back starting to do that also), andkeep believing in the body to heal!!! I LOVE that someone else (well not love, because I hate that anyone has to feel this pain and restriction) but happy I can relate with someone and NOT have everyone tellme surgery is the only answer!!!

You'll be hearing more from me! HAVE a great Saturday!!!

Pam Greshock