Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hip seems to be 99.99999% recovered


Well, it’s been a couple of weeks since my third PRP treatment.  I’ve said this before, but I’m a little annoyed that we didn’t go with the PRP sooner.  Getting over that, my hip has been responding beautifully.  I’ve been gradually adding in movements that used to make my hip click.  Not exercise movements, but day-to-day movements.  Going up the stairs two at a time.  Lifting up my foot to put on socks, shoes, and pants (That’s a big one right there, used to always make my hip click.).  So far so good.

I decided to go to a yoga class yesterday, and at first I was afraid to do things like sit cross-legged or a couple of other stretches.  However, I don’t think my hip clicked on any save for one, and that could have been my imagination.  I think the stretches were also very good for my hip.  I’ve been babying it for so long I think some of the hip muscles have shortened and are tight.  I actually felt a lot better after the class.

So here I am, hoping against hope that my hip is 100%.  Then I crossed my legs.  Usually, I cross my legs with my left leg over my right leg.  This time, I switched it.  When I uncrossed them, I heard a very subtle crunch/clunk/click.  It was so small it was hardly noticeable, and there was a large part of me that wanted to just ignore it, but it looks like I may have one more treatment to go.  I’m spacing my treatments out by 6-8 weeks now, allowing the hip all kinds of time to heal between treatments.  So there is the possibility by the time I see Dr. Hauser again my hip will have healed further. 

But I’ve come to terms with the idea that I may need another treatment.  I am pretty convinced that I this future treatment will be my last.  I’m not really sad about the idea of getting another treatment (although my wallet won’t be happy).  I mean, after every treatment my hip gets better.  It’s not like I’m spinning my wheels, I’m making progress with each treatment.  I just look forward to the day where I will no longer have to concern myself with how I move my hip.  And as I progress, it looks more and more like that is going to be a reality, one that I’m finally starting to believe in.

1 comment:

Pamela Greshock said...

THats awesome Adam!!! Mine is still swollen a bit after my third PRP , I spoke with my doctor and he said that sometimes you can almost feel like you are going backwards with it. My first two seemed to be progressivly getting better, but not this one. I am in a lot of pain, not even able to walk around the mall without pain, I WAS up to three miles.

I am NOT losing Hope on this, I just think I may need another session myself. I am ALSO okay with that! lol I cant help but to be worried a little bit at times, when it is hurting so much and then I start looking at surgery and boards online and there is not ONE successful surgery I have heard about. ITs sad. BUT I am NOT trying to even entertain the fact of surgery!!!!

THanks again for keeping us up to date!!! You push me to keep that hope inside alive for this!!!

Prayers that this will be your last session!!

Pam