Friday, September 30, 2011

Rehab is going well

So I've Oly lifted twice this week, went light and I walked away without pain, which was the main goal.  This is taking a lot of patience, but I'm going to physical therapy twice a week and pilates three times a week, plus some crossfit.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm overtraingin right now, even though I'm resting the groin. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I do Therapy, pilates, and then crossfit. that's three a day, and sometimes twice a week.



When I tried jerking for the first time on Wednesday, the body took over and I did a split jerk.  My groin immediately told me that was not a good idea.  The pain didn't linger or anything, but it definitely wasn't ready for a split jerk.

In pilates, I'm finding I can do more and more, like there were exercises I couldn't do last week that I could do this week.  As long as I keep making progress then I'm doing the right thing.

It's odd, during the week where I rested the most I saw significant improvements in my physique.  Perhaps I was overtraining, but I was only lifting three times a week, and no cardio to speak of.  For whatever reason, it's pretty cool that the week I don't do anything I seem to lose fat and gain definition.  However, I think if I were to continue the path of sloth I would stop seeing results ;)

No comments: