Monday, September 12, 2011

Injury report

So I workout out on Friday, it was death by 10m and then death by pull ups (got 16 and 12, btw).  I felt that was an ok workout on my hip.  Right after the massage it felt like it was cured because the pain had gone down so much but after a while I realised although it had gone down it had not gone away.  The pain does feel like it's the psoas area, but instead of around the iliac crest area it's closer to the groin area.  This has me wonder if it's actually a goin injury, and perhaps the psoas tightened up to cover for the groin.

Regardless, I took Saturday off as well as Sunday, and it felt better.  Today I decided to try working out, and if I felt it get worse I would stop.  Well, it got worse, and now I'm kicking myself for re-agrevating the injury.  So now that plan is to take the week off, and if I'm not feeling 100% after that I'll take even more time off

Sucks because I have the lifting competition in early November but I can't train through this pain, I can't even air-split jerk without my right hip feeling pain, and the pain makes me try to put all the weight on my lead/left foot.  I don't want to pick up bad habits here.  There will be other lifting competitions, but I have only one hip and I don't want this to become a chronic/nagging issue.

AARRRRGH I'm so frustrated now.  I think it's mostly for not taking the week off directly after the Oly meet when I injured it.  I thought it wasn't a big deal and really didn't seem to bother me so I figured it would recover on it's own.

Sigh, I'm ashamed I thought this because I'm experienced enough to know better.  I just hope I haven't made things worse for myeself, that's all.  Also thinking about seeing a doctor just to try to diagnose the problem, I think the worse part is not knowing what it is and having a recover time period.

Here's to a speedy recovery.

No comments: