Thursday, September 8, 2011

Injury


A girl rocking it at the Meet
So back at the Oly meet I hurt one of my core muscles, probably on the last lift.  It could be a groin, psoas, or oblique that is giving me trouble.  It has been slight so I figured I could train through it, sadly it seems to be getting worse.  Today I'm seeing the massage therapist and he'll give me a better idea of what's going on.  Hopefully he'll be able to help in the healing process.  This past week I was determined not to give up on the opportunity to workout with Kristin.  I've been wanting this for too long to give up on her, and I felt like I owed her a week of working out together since I went off on my own and stopped crossfitting and started Oly lifting.  Sadly, the pain seems to be getting worse so I need to back off and wait things out.

There's another Oly lift meet coming up in early November.  Angie has already posted the "new" training routine, which is the same as the last one.    For some reason that disappointed me.  I guess I was expecting something different, but I guess with Oly lifting you stick with what works, and this def works.

I feel bad in that I'm not lifting this week, that I missed oly class yesterday and I'll be taking at least the rest of the week off.  There's not that much time to train for this upcoming event and I don't like half-assing things.  When I tried both Oly lifting and crossfitting the crossfitting kept making me sore and made me feel like I wasn't able to really improve in Oly lifting until I gave up crossfit.

It's just a hard thing to balance: the desire to excel with Oly lifting and the joy from working out with the fiancee.  Tough decisions, tough decisions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just what ever you do, do not waste money on expensive and absolutely useless abdominal exercise machines that just don\’t work, explore other options that are better and more effective.

Adam said...

Duly noted, although the thought had never crossed my mind, since the thought something like that would work is ridiculous...