Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Post Pilates report

So I did pilates with the reformer, and whenever I felt like I was about to hurt myself I limited the range of motion.  I was still able to do everything, but the nice thing about the reformer is that it can be used to make things easier or harder, and with my groin I made everything easier.  The result, I walked away without feeling any pain, like I didn't make things worse.  Woot :)

...I also think I've figured out why it seems like I might have a sports hernia.  After Pilates I felt some discomfort, but it def wasn't in the groin area, more like the psoas but a bit lower.  I felt around for knots and sure enough there are some knots that are as hard as pebbles in my lower ab, right side (side of the groin injury).  I do think these are knots and not indications of a hernia because they don't protrude out at all, but are only felt when you press on them.  I tried applying some pressure and sure enough I felt that same pain that I feel when I do flutter kicks or that motion doc asked me to do.  After a little while the pain subsided, just like with a knot, so I think I've figured this out.  Having answers to questions like "what is wrong with me" is such a relief.

No comments: