Friday, October 7, 2011

Three steps forward...

So everything was going well and I decided to push my body a little harder on Monday, where I did the Airforce Wod for the first time.  I figured I would scale the weight and see how it went.  Turns out that was a bad idea.  I didn't feel anything during, but afterwards my hip area was SORE!  This worried me in that I thought maybe I do have a hernia.  Things were suddenly worse, I couldn't do movements that I could do last week without pain. 

I have been doing pilates three times a week, and while that's helped me work on my abs I am also finding out how weak all of my stabilizers are.  In physical therapy I'm finding a pretty big asymmetry in strength, my right side being my weaker side.  Perhaps this asymmetry is what is causing my hip pain.   Regardless, pilates seems to be exactly what I need to work on to fix this.

Thankfully I was able to see my massage therapist again, and it seems my psoas was rock hard, again.  Bobby spent about 45 min just working that one muscle and the pain I felt from the pressure felt a lot like the pain I experienced when trying to keep a hollow body or hold a plank position.  So I don't think I have a hernia, but I do think I've done something to my psoas, maybe a strain? I don't know.  All I know is that I feel better after the massage, but I'm still in quite a bit of pain.  I am going to try to do a lot of self-massage and see how that works. 

...Again apologies for not having a lot of posts lately, but I should have some good links posted tomorrow.

No comments: