Friday, October 14, 2011

injury mystery deepens

Ok so it's been like a month of rehabing the groin and despite that setback last week I'd say the actual hip adductor is 75% back.  However, there is still this hip pain that's right where the psoas is.  It doesn't hurt to do a sit up, but it does hurt to hold me feet a few inches above ground, or to hold a plank.

Saw the Doc again, and there are a couple things it could be, all of which are hard to tell because of the location of the pain.  It could be a sports hernia, it could be a ligament sprain, or maybe a muscle sprain.  To figure this out, I'm getting an MRI on Monday.  Yay.  I figure it's worth the $30 to add another piece to the puzzle (yay for gov benefits).

Really hope it's not a sports hernia, but even if it is it beats not knowing.

I've been doing some light lifting to shake the rust off, and boy is there some rust. Good news is that afterwards I did not feel like I was worse off than before, and that was my main goal.  ...I see that I'm now doing a butt wink when I squat, I think I've lost some of the flexibility, and also my body just might not remember how it's done.

I have not been exercising like I'm used to, and I feel lazy.  I have to stay active, and though I'm doing PT and pilates for a total of 5 times a week, it's just not enough, I need to go to crossfit or something.

No comments: