Monday, October 17, 2011

MRI results

Ok well had the MRI and it shows some thickening (a sighn of inflamation) of one of the tendons in my right hip.  This does not disprove the idea that I have a hernia, but the doc thougth that the inflamation from having that tendon snap over other muscles and bone.  The doc described it as rubbing sandpaper on the tendon, so it's inflamed and probably why it hurts.

I have mixed feelings about this, it sounds a lot like the situation back in July '09 where Dr. Craddock said nothing should be clicking because all the muscles are in correct alignment.  If everything is in the right place, then the muscle shouldn't snap over anything because there's a clear path, if that makes sense.  Yet, there was still clicking, and this is what led me down the path of figuring out I have FAI and a torn labrum in my right hip.  ...I'm left a little puzzled, not sure what exactly to do.  This ortho here perscribed some PT, so I'm thinking about doing that and seeing how that works.  The pysical therapy on my groin is getting better, but it is still showing signs of weakness on the right side.  I need to fix this asymetry, I feel like it might be a source for all of my problems.

....The MRI still does not rule out a hernia, but it seems to be getting better (it's tough to tell because that air force wod really set me back) so if it is in fact getting better then it's def not a hernia.  I'm seeing Bobby this Thursday so we'll see if that will help with the recovery process as well.

No comments: