Thursday, May 27, 2010

Snatch WOD with lateral burbees

Another variation on the first WOD at the MAC hopper last year:

12, 9, 6, 3 of
Snatch
lateral burpees

The Rx'd weight was 135, but since that's my 1 rep max I went down to 105#. My technique isn't as near as good on this one as it used to be, I have difficulty diving under the bar and catching it. But I think I chose a good weight, it took me 9:39 and Melissa said my first set looked good, but by the time I got to the last set it was kind of ugly.

I think one factor for the plateau is not just technique but core strength. I think 135 was as high as I could get without really engaging my core, and now my core is finally starting to catch up with everything else. Now I feel like it's more technique. Just need to keep practicing.

No comments: