Thursday, May 20, 2010

Deadlift

Wednesday's WOD was deadlift, something I haven't done in quite a while.

7 rounds of
2 DL's every 3 minutes

I really wanted to work on form and since I felt rusty I went light with 255. This seemed like a good idea because my approach/starting position needed some fine tuning. My knees were bent too far over the bar, so I needed to work on keeping my hips farther back.

Apparently this looked a little too easy, so Murphy convinced me to go up in weight. For the sixth round I did 275, with not too much of a problem. That really wasn't the bump up in weight that Murphy was looking for so for the last round I did 315. My core was really, really sore from OHS and Tabat sit-ups, so this last set was fairly ugly. For the first rep there was some thoracic bend (some bending in my back) but otherwise good. The second rep, however, was ugly. the bar really moved forward from having problems keeping my hips back, and it resulted in a very ugly looking back bend.

Although my back felt a little tight afterward, I felt no pain. To be sure I rolled it out for quite a bit. Honestly I think maybe I should've made this my rest day since I'm so sore in my core and shoulders, but I could not resist the allure of heavy deadlifting.

No comments: