Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hip seems to be getting better still

Until this week there have been certain everyday motions that have made me weary because sometimes my hip would click.  Putting on shoes, getting into the car, stuff like that.  Now, after the PRP session, that stuff doesn't catch my hip anymore.  I'm still a little too scared to hope, but it is possible that my labrum has actually fully repaired.

I'm going to have Dr. Hauser check it the next time, and maybe he won't have to work on it.  ...That would be amazing.

I haven't cracked my neck in over six weeks now I think, and it really has been improving.  There are still issues, but the problems with the scalenes have lessened a lot, and now the problem seems to be more in the mastoid and lavator area.  Things are definitely looking up.


2 comments:

amy said...

Hey Adam - I saw you posting on a video on youtube saying that your torn hip labrum actually healed through PT plus prolotherapy. Have you had xrays of your hip since then? Did the excess bone on the femoral head actually dissolve all by itself? Your story has really given me some hope because I also have a torn hip labrum with FAI and I'm looking for a non surgical option. Thanks

Adam said...

I actually have not had any xrays/MRI to confirm the excess bone has gone away, but every time a doctor or physical therapist does a manual test my right hip passes. Combine that with the fact the pain is gone I figured I don't need to spend money on more tests to figure out what went right. From what I understand of the medicine, PRP injections allow the labrum to heal itself, so it's a natural way to repair a damaged labrum. If you look at Dr. Hauser's take on joint impingement (there's a youtube clip of it), he says that once you have the joint stable again the excess bone will eventually splinter off and be re-abosrbed by the body. From my own experience I'm inclined to agree. This didn't happen overnight, this took place over the course of over a year, but my treated hip moving tons better, and the pain is no longer an issue. I should also point out that you should research your prolotherapist if you do plan to go that route, not all of them are created equal. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask them here or email me at eighty_proof@msn.com