Sunday, May 13, 2012

Hip Report

Since my hip hasn't been clicking at all, I decided to test it out and raised my knee to my chest and lowered it.  I got a loud "Clunk"

I felt stupid and really, really sad.  Perhaps I've just wasted all kinds of money on prolotherapy?  I've been thinking to make this next treatment my last, but if I see another dramatic improvement I don't know, maybe it will be worth it to get another treatment?  I've come this far, now I kind of feel committed to prolotherapy.  I'm still scared as hell about getting surgery, so many things can go wrong.

Now, the really hard thing is I don't feel the pain anymore.  So with regards to pain Prolotherapy has been a success.  However, I have to think that if I go back to my old activities with the labrum still torn I will just end up right where I was before I sought treatment.  Think I will email the doc to ask his opinion on the matter.

I still believe prolo, especially PRP, will get me completely healed, I just wonder at what cost.  Two treatments plus the use of the machine to spin out the blood is just over a grand.  That's no small chunk of change especially with the wedding/honeymoon to pay for.  Thankfully I am in a position where I don't have to give up anything yet in place of these treatments, but I still don't want to sink in such a ridiculous amount of money and not have the result I want.

No comments: