Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Getting better, but am I going to be 100%?

So it’s been almost a week since my first PRP treatment, and I have to say things are feeling… better.  I’ve lifted my leg a couple of times and have felt where I think it would’ve cracked before, but now does nothing.  …This could be from the swelling still going on in there, that in a couple of more weeks the swelling will die down and I’ll still feel that click when I raise and lower my knee.  But maybe I won’t.  Maybe this PRP is what is needed to put me over the top.  Coming into this I really couldn’t imagine that this whole process wouldn’t work, but now doubt is starting to creep in.  It hasn’t happened since the PRP injection, but whenever I felt my hip click during this process I would think “Son of a bitch!” and realize that nope, I haven’t healed completely yet.  …Even if this doesn’t work out I don’t think I’ll get surgery because other than the clicking I’m no longer in pain.  …I have also wondered if the hip clicking is something other then a torn labrum, that perhaps my labrum has healed and it’s just something else that is simply clicking and not causing any harm.  So many doubts, so many unknown variables in this process.  I just need to keep asking the good dr. questions as they come up, and see what he says.

No comments: