Thursday, August 4, 2011

Oly work going well

Again, not much going on. Still training, still getting stronger, and still improving on technique. I really, really do wish I had a video of the first week I attended Crossfit Rise's Oly class. The change has been from night to day, amazing. People keep on commenting that I'm getting beefier. Combine that with the fauxhawk and the fact I got some sun over the weekend and my fiancee said I looked a little Jersey-shoreish. How you doin'?

Here's a compilation of last week's lifting, as you can see I'm getting pretty good at keeping the back straight, and my hips go up with the bar for the most part. Obviously still have a lot to work on, but I'm happy with the progress made so far:



Yesterday in the workout I cleaned 100kg twice, which is exciting because in early June that was a PR, and by 20#s no less.

My clean is really coming along nicely. I think with 95kg my first rep was perfect. Tight back, got to full extention, got the violent shrug, got under quickly and bounced out of the bottom of the squat without losing tension. It felt amazingly light. Hopefully I'll get more and more of those, and with heavier and heavier weight.

My limiter will be the Jerk, Cleaning 120kg will be great and all but if I can only jerk 95kg it won't be that much help. Will talk to Angie and see if there's something I can do.

No comments: