Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The quiet before the storm.

This non force treatment thing is really working. In the past, whenever we did shoulder dislocates (also called something else, can't remember), I would have this sticking point in my right shoulder. Something was kind of binded up and I would hear a crunch. It wasn't painful, but I could tell something wasn't quite working right. After seeing Dr Mary for a bit, now when I do them there's nothing going on. It works perfectly. I've seen DOs, other chiropractors, plenty of massage therapists, and nothing has fixed this.

It's just so strange because even though I'm seeing results I still don't fully believe that it works. That's how much it feels like she's doing nothing, like they're just these slight nudges and that's it. However I really can tell a difference so I guess I need to just look at the results and believe in it.

Yesterday we just did Snatches up to our starting weight and then Clean and jerks up to our starting weight. Looks like I'm going to open up with 68 kg for the snatch and 94 kg for the C+J. Obv these are modest weights but that's the point, you want to have something down before you move on to heavier weights that you might miss.

From what I understand you should open up a little under your PR, then for the second lift go slightly above your PR, and if you make that go ape shit for your third and final lift.

So I figure my progression is going to go something like this:
Snatch 68, 74, 76
C+J 94, 97, 100

These weights are far lighter then what I was hoping for three weeks ago, but sadly my strength and technique gains have kind of tapered off.

No comments: