Friday, August 12, 2011

I was hesitant about doing Day 2 right after doing Day 1, but the prednasone's ability to suppress inflammation had me feeling fresh. Only two more weeks until the competition, so we're lowering the reps even more and are now starting to work on our one rep max, which is super fun.

Day 2:
Clean: 95, 100, 105, 103 kg
Snatch lift: up to 90? 95?
Snatch Pull: 95

I have really come a long way thanks to working on the Snatch lift and the Snatch pull. I still move my hips up first, but to a much lesser extent now and I'm much, much better at backing my back/shoulders. That first movement is really the hardest part, so the snatch lift and pull isolate that. I you're working on improving your snatch I highly recommend adding these two lifts to the mix.

After cleaning 100kg I then went for 105, which was too much. So I went for 103 and got it (new PR!). The Youtube clip can be found here. Honestly I'm a little worried that I'm just tearing down my body and not letting it rebuild itself thanks to the steroid, but it's a low dose and yesterday was my last day. I will say it did wonders for my sinus infection. I'm going to wait one more day and do day 3 on Sat, so the steroids will be completely out of my system and I can feel like I'm going to get stronger.

It's starting to sink in that I'm going to be competing soon. I had this vision that it would be a small meet, not many would show up, I'd get a medal because I'm the only one in my weight class, stuff like that. Talking to Brian, a Crossfit Rise owner, he said one crossfit box is fielding a team of 15 members. Damn. People are going to be taking this seriously, and I know I'll never be able to be a serious Oly lifter with my build unless I somehow pack on 50+ pounds, maybe more.

...I was going to go out and buy my own singlet for the event, but Brian said he's ordering singlets for the team, should be fun.

No comments: