Monday, August 8, 2011

Down with the sickness

Woke up on Saturday feeling off, and by the end of the day I felt really crappy. The next morning was awful, so off to the minute clinic and lo and behold I have a sinus infection. The Nurse gave me an antibiotic and then said, "Now don't freak out but I'm also perscribing you something else, they're steroids."

My first thought was 'Oh come on I already know catabolic steroids are used for anti-inflamatory purposes I know better'.

But my second reaction surprised me 'Aw man too bad it's not anabolic'.

And then there was the third thought, 'Wait is this really going to mess up my training? I don't even use Ibuprofen since inflamation is the first step in healing and repairing my muscles.'

Hopefully I'm on a low dose, and when I asked the nurse when I could start training again she said it would be whenever I feel up for it, so that's good to know. I just don't want to do something that will hurt my training, but now that I've been on it for a day I can tell you this stuff works, really opens me up and my sinuses feel much better.

Really do hate my allergies, they've been a pain in my side for a long, long time.

No comments: